Current Affairs Quiz – August, 2019
1. The Gorewada International Zoo is going to set up in which city? [A] Nagpur[B] Delhi[C] Jaipur[D] Shimla Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Nagpur] Notes:In a bid to protect forests, the Government of India (GoI) has given approval to establish an International Standard Zoo and Biopark on the forest land at Gorewada, Nagpur. The Zoo ..
1. Peacock Parachute Spider, which is recently spotted in Eastern Ghats, is belongs to the genus ________? [A] Avicularia[B] Poecilotheria[C] Mygale[D] Chilobrachys Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Poecilotheria] Notes:For the first time, the researchers have sighted a critically endangered species of tarantula – Peacock Parachute Spider (or Gooty Tarantula) beyond its known habitat in the ..
1. Shaheen VIII is the joint military exercise between Pakistan & which country? [A] China [B] Sri Lanka[C] Israel[D] Myanmar Show Answer Correct Answer: A [China ] Notes:The 8th edition of joint military exercise titled Shaheen VIII has started between the air forces of China and Pakistan in Chinese city of Holton, which is closer ..
1. The UNCCD’s Conference Of Parties (COP 14) is being held in which country? [A] Israel[B] New Zealand[C] China[D] India Show Answer Correct Answer: D [India ] Notes:India will host the Conference Of Parties (COP 14) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) from 2nd to 13th of September 2019 at the India ..
1. Which football team has won the 2019 Durand Cup tournament? [A] Gokulam Kerala[B] Mohun Bagan[C] East Bengal[D] FC Goa Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Gokulam Kerala] Notes:In football, Gokulam Kerala FC won the 129th Durand Cup tournament by defeating heavyweights Mohun Bagan 2-1 at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata on 25th August 2019. ..