Page-4 of Current Affairs Quiz – August, 2012
1. The Government has recently approved some new tiger reserves. In this context, consider the following: Ratapani Mukundara Hills Sunabeda Which among the following is the correct set of states in which the above new tiger reserves are located? [A]Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh [B]Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand [C]Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha [D]Maharastra, Rajasthan, Karnataka Madhya Pradesh, ..
1. Who among the following has recently taken charge as the new Chief Economic Advisor after the working period of Kaushik Basu concluded on 31st July, 2012 ? [A]Raghuram Rajan [B]Vijay Kelkar [C]Subramanian Swamy [D]Soumodip Sarkar Raghuram Rajan Show Answer 2. India’s first ‘financial Supermarket’ aimed at cross-selling non-standard banking products has opened in _______ ..
1. Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) is a semi-autonomous administrative body for the Darjeeling hills in West Bengal. In this context, consider the following Statements: 1.GTA presently has three hill subdivisions Darjeeling, Kalimpong, and Kurseong and some areas of Siliguri subdivision under its authority. 2.Recently, Bimal Gurung has been sworn in as the Head of Gorkhaland ..
1. Who among the following has won the Gold medal in the Men’s 100 m Sprint in London Olympics-2012? [A]Yohan Blake [B]Justin Gatlin [C]Usain Bolt [D]Tyson Gay Usain Bolt Show Answer 2. Guru Vempati Chinna Satyam who passed away recently was an exponent of which among the following classical dance forms ? [A]Kuchipudi [B]Kathak [C]Bharatanatyam ..
1. Recently India has signed an agreement with which among the following countries for the modernisation of the Indian Railways to make some of the major railway stations in the country of global standards? [A]Belgium [B]Canada [C]Finland [D]Sweden Belgium Belgian state run companies such as Euro Station and Euro Immostar have vast experience in developing ..