Current Affairs Quiz – April, 2015
1. Gas hydrates are naturally occurring ice-like substances mainly composed of ___? [A]Methane [B]Carbon dioxide [C]Carbon monoxide [D]Ethane Answer: MethaneNotes: Gas hydrates are naturally occurring, crystalline, ice-like substances composed of gas molecule mainly methane and water. Scientific interest in gas hydrates is driven mainly by its potential future role as an energy resource and by ..
1. Who was awarded with the prestigious Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award 2015? [A]Anil Kapoor [B]Sunil Shetty [C]Amitabh Bachchan [D]Amir Khan Answer: Anil KapoorNotes: Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor has been honoured with the prestigious Deenanath Mangeshkar award. This was the 73rd edition of the awards. Besides Anil Kapoor, Marathi actor Dilip Prabhalkar was also conferred with ..
1. Which country in SAARC has the highest GDP (PPP) per capita ? [A]Sri Lanka [B]Maldives [C]India [D]Bhutan Answer: MaldivesNotes: Among the SAARC countries, Highest Per Capita GDP (PPP) is of Maldives as per World Economic Outlook Database, April 2015. It stands at 14,383 International Dollars as shown in below table. An international dollar would ..
1. Which country generates highest per capita e-waste? [A]Singapore [B]Norway [C]Iceland [D]Denmark Answer: NorwayNotes: As per a report by United Nations University, Norway topped the world’s electronic waste mountain in 2014, generating 28.4kgs per inhabitant. It was followed by Switzerland (26.3kg per capita), Iceland (26.1kgs), Denmark (24kgs), Britain (23.5kgs), the Netherlands (23.4kgs), Sweden (22.3kgs), France ..
1. Which state of India is known for highest per capita alcohol consumption? [A]Gujarat [B]Kerala [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Telangana Answer: KeralaNotes: As of 2015, Kerala has India’s highest per capita alcohol consumption at more than eight litres per person yearly. 2. World Earth Day is observed on which of the following days? [A]April 20 [B]April 21 ..