Current Affairs Quiz – April, 2014
1. The 2014 winner of prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize is __? [A]Ramesh Agarwal [B]Srinivas Acharya [C]Raman Choudhary [D]Sunil Nayak Ramesh Agarwal Indian environment activist Ramesh Agarwal has won the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize that honours heroic grassroot environmentalists around the world for their achievements. He has been honoured for his contribution to control the unchecked ..
1. The busiest maritime route in the world is _____? [A]The Strait of Drover [B]The Taiwan Strait [C]The Sunda Strait [D]The Malacca Strait The Strait of Dover The Strait of Dover is considered as the busiest maritime route in the world. The Strait represents the most constricting point in the English Channel spanning a width ..
1. The “ASIMO” or Advanced Step In Mobile Innovative Mobility, is a humanoid robot designed and developed by ___? [A]Microsoft [B]Ford [C]Honda [D]IBM Honda ASIMO is a humanoid robot designed and developed by Honda. ASIMO was designed to be a multi-functional mobile assistant. 2. Recently, which of the following countries has decided to deploy drones ..
1. According to the Global Information Technology Report 2014, which country was placed first in terms of leveraging information and communication technologies (ICT)? [A]Finland [B]Brazil [C]Sweden [D]Singapore Finland India slid down to 83rd spot among 148 economies in terms of leveraging information and communications technologies for growth and well being, according to the Global Information ..
1. Recently, Supreme Court has set up a four member committee under the chairmanship of N R Madhava Menon for framing guidelines to prevent____? [A]Ponzi schemes [B]Misuse of funds on government advertisement [C]Illegal mining activities [D]Misappropriation of powers by politicians Misuse of funds on government advertisement The Supreme Court set up a committee for framing ..