Modern Indian History MCQs
191. Consider the following statements:
- American Civil War (1861-1865) boosted the demand of Indian Cotton
- The boost in the demand of Indian cotton ultimately led to failure of Bank of Bombay in 1866
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
192. Who among the following was elected the president of the Naval Central Strike committee of the Royal Indian Navy prior to the RIN Mutiny of 1946?
193. The triumphant saying of “Attock to Cuttack” was most closely related to which of the following ?
194. Who among the following formed a government-in-exile, the Aarzi Hukumat or a temporary government in Junagarh ?
195. During the integration and merger of states after India’s independence, the firman of which of the following rulers was rejected by the Government of India terming it a “legalistic claim of doubtful validity”?
196. Who among the following was the leader of Mahagujarat Movement?
197. Which among the following is India’s first ministry to have an account on twitter?
198. Bandung Conference which was an important step toward the crystallization of the Non-Aligned Movement was organized by Asian and African states, most of which were newly independent. Which among the following participant of the Bandung Conference in 1955, was not an independent state at that time?
199. One of our Prime Ministers , Mr. IK Gujral had propounded a doctrine in early nineties which has come to be known as “Gujral Doctrine”. Which among the following statements gives an economic essence of Gujral Doctrine?
200. Which of the following Gurudwara in India is the site where the ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur was beheaded on the orders of the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in 1675 A.D?