General Science Chemistry MCQs
Chemistry Objective (Multiple Choice) General Knowledge Questions & Answers for SSC-CGL, UPPSC, UPSC, NDA, CDS and UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination
Advertisement [contact-form-7 id="141158" title="Contact form 1"]
91. What is the common characteristic of the elements of the same group in the periodic table?
92. Who discovered that water is composed of two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen by volume?
93. Which of the following was the first fundamental particle to be discovered?
94. Who was the first person to devise a periodic table of chemical elements arranged in order of their relative atomic masses?
95. Tartaric acid is used along with baking soda in baking breads and cakes. What is the use of Tartaric Acid in this process?
96. Tap water conducts electricity, whereas distilled water does not. This is because in comparison to distilled water, tap water has __?
97. Which gas is called the “firedamp” in coal mines?
98. “Petroleum” can be categorised under which one of the following terms?
99. Which of the following gases helps in bread/cake fermentation so as to make it soft and spongy?
100. What is the purpose of adding baking soda to the dough?