14 -Maurya Empire – Chandragupta and Bindusara
1. Which of the following is not a correct observation as mentioned by Megasthenes about India?
2. Who among the following laid down for punishment for a person becoming mendicant without making adequate provision for dependent wife and children?
3. Rulers of which of the following dynasties maintained diplomatic relations with distant countries such as Syria in the West ?
4. Who identified “Sandrokottus” of the Greco-Roman literature with Chandragupta Maurya?
5. The cotton cloth worn by Indians had a brighter white colour than any cotton found elsewhere. This view was recorded by __?
6. Who among the following is the author of ‘Indica’ ?
7. Who was the Syrian ambassador in the court of Bindusara?
8. Which Greek ruler sent Megathenes in the court of Chandragupta Maurya?
9. The Greek Ambassador Deimachus of Plataea had visited the court of which of the following rulers of Magadha?
10. “All Indians are Free and not even one of them is a slave”. Who among the following has observed the above about the Mauryan Empire?