Quiz 763: GK Questions for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Recruitment Exams
This quiz has 10 General Knowledge / GK Questions for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Recruitment Exams based on syllabus of GK of Competition examinations and previous years question papers.
1. The Kalesar National Park (KNP) is located in which state?
Correct Answer: D [Haryana ]
The Kalesar National Park (KNP) is a protected area in Yamunanagar district of Haryana and covers 13,000 acres. It is a popular destination for Leopard and home to red jungle fowl among other birds. Other animals recorded were leopard cat, rusty-spotted cat, jungle cat, Indian jackal, Asiatic elephant, chital, sambar, barking deer, etc.
2. Which among the following is India’s first library to computerize its hand written collection to disseminate through internet?
Correct Answer: A [Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Library]
3. The Mahatma Gandhi NREGA programme has been launched by the Government of India keeping in view the following provision/s of Constitution of India:
1. Fundamental Rights
2. Fundamental Duties
3. Directive Principles of State Policy
Which among the above follows the given statement?
Correct Answer: C [Only 3]
4. Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) and Foreign Institutional Investment(FII) are distinct in terms of?
Correct Answer: A [FDI brings capital, technology & management and FII brings only capital]
5. Which of these is the force required to move a body uniformly in a circle?
Correct Answer: B [Centripetal force]
Centripetal force is the force required to move a body uniformly in a circle. This force acts along the radius and towards the centre of the circle. Centrifugal force is the force that arises when a body is moving actually along a circular path by virtue of the tendency of the body to regain its path.
6. Which of the following factors do not affect the value of modulus of elasticity of a body?
Correct Answer: C [Length and volume and of the body]
Modulus of elasticity (E) depends upon the nature of material of the body and the manner in which the body is deformed. Modulus of elasticity (E) depends upon the temperature of the body. Modulus of elasticity (E) is independent of the dimensions (length, volume etc.) of the body
7. Which type of semiconductor do we get when pure silicon is doped with a group-3 element?
Correct Answer: B [p-type semiconductor]
If silicon (or germanium) is doped with a trivalent (three electrons in the outermost shell) atom like boron, aluminium, gallium or indium, three valence electrons form covalent bonds with three silicon atoms and deficiency of one electron is created. Such a semiconductor is said to be a p- type semiconductor.
8. What is the molecular geometry of HgCl2?
Correct Answer: A [Linear]
The molecular geometry of Mercuric chloride (HgCl2) is Linear. As there is no lone pairs with Hg and the number of bonding pairs. Therefore, the hybridization is SP hybridization and the structure is Linear.
9. For which deposits is Tummalapalli in Andhra Pradesh famous in world?
Correct Answer: B [Uranium deposits]
The Tummalapalli Mine is a uranium mine in Tummalapalli village located in Kadapa of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Results from research conducted by the Atomic Energy Commission of India in 2011 made the analysts conclude that this mine might have one of the largest reserves of uranium in the world.
10. An IP address constitutes how many bit number?
Correct Answer: C 
An IP address serves two principal functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing. Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) defines an IP address as a 32-bit number.