Quiz 682: GK Questions for SFIO Recruitment Exams
This quiz has 10 General Knowledge / GK Questions for SFIO Recruitment Exams based on syllabus of GK of Competition examinations and previous years question papers.
1. Next to sun, which is the nearest star of the earth?
Correct Answer: A [Apha centuari]
Sun is nearly 150,000,000 kilometers (150 million km) away from the Earth. The next nearest star to earth is Alpha Centauri which is at a distance of about 4.367 light years from the Earth.
Orion or Usra Major are the names of Constellations.
Sirius is the Brightest star in the sky.
2. A requirement imposed on banks to have a certain amount of capital in relation to their assets is called as _______?
Correct Answer: C [Capital Adequacy Ratio]
3. Which of the following is an apex financing agency for the institutions providing investment and production credit for promoting the various developmental activities in rural areas ?
Correct Answer: B [NABARD]
4. With which of the following National Bird Control Committee is related to ?
Correct Answer: B [Civil Aviation]
Consider the following:
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Foreign Institutional Investments
- American Depository Receipts
- Global Depository Receipts
In context with the “Sources of Foreign Exchange Reserves” which among the above are placed under Portfolio Investment?
Correct Answer: B [2, 3 & 4]
6. What is the property of a conductor to resist the flow of charges known as?
Correct Answer: C [Resistance ]
Resistance is the property of a conductor to resist the flow of charges. Resistance is constant for the given metal at a given temperature.
7. Which of the following refining methods works on the principle of adsorbtion?
Correct Answer: C [Chromatographic methods]
Chromatographic methods are based on the principle that different components of a mixture are differently adsorbed on an adsorbent. There are several chromatographic techniques used for refining such as paper chromatography, column chromatography, gas chromatography, etc
8. What do we call the cell potential when no current is drawn through the galvanic cell?
Correct Answer: B [E.M.F]
The cell potential is called the cell electromotive force (emf) of the cell when no current is drawn through the cell. Also, It is now an accepted convention that we keep the anode on the left and the cathode on the right while representing the galvanic cell.
9. ‘Choudhury Trophy’ is associated with which of the following sports?
Correct Answer: B [Circumnavigation of the earth by car]
‘Choudhury Trophy’ is associated with circumnavigating of the earth by car. This trophy has been named after Saloo and Neena Choudhury, ace car rallyists from Calcutta. It’s in recognition of the couple’s achievement in 1989 when they passed through all six continents in 69 days and repeated the same feat in 1991 in 39 days.
10. In which of the following case, law of demand fails?
Correct Answer: A [Giffen goods]
A Giffen good, in economic theory, is a good that is in greater demand as its price increases. For example, if the price of an essential food staple, such as rice, rises it may mean that consumers have less money to buy more expensive foods, so they will actually be forced to buy more rice.