1. Barclays Chairman ‘Marcus Agius’ was recently compelled to resign for being involved in a scandal which has dealt a devastating blow to the bank’s reputation.The scandal is related to:
[B]LIBOR interest rates
[D]Credit Default Swap
LIBOR interest rates
2. Who among the following has become the third cricketer from India, after Mohammed Azharuddin and Ajay Sharma in 2000, to suffer a life ban for bringing the game into disrepute?
3. Which online travel portal has acquired ‘Travelguru’, the Indian arm of US travel services provider Travelocity, to become the largest provider of hotel bookings in the country?
4. Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd.(SSTL) lost 21 licences after the Indian Supreme Court cancelled all 2G spectrum licences in February, 2012. Sistema, which holds a 53 per cent stake in SSTL is a _______ conglomerate.
5. Which of the following places was recently attacked by armed militants from the fundamentalist ‘Ansar Dine’ group just two days after it was named as an endangered world heritage site by UNESCO?
[D]Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan
6. Who among the following was recently appointed as the director of ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC)?
7. Which among following has recently been included by UNESCO in its coveted list of World Heritage Sites?
[A]Silk Route sites in India
[B]Matheran Light Railway Network
[C]Riverine Island of Majuli
8. Consider the following Statements:
1.There are 12 Millenium Development Goals(MDGs) which have to be met by 2015.
2.According to the latest United Nations Report, India is likely to miss the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) related to maternal health.
Which among the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
9. The 2012 UEFA European Football Championship, commonly referred to as Euro 2012 was won by :
10. Which Panel/Committee has recently given recommendations for deletion of cartoons on politicians and bureaucrats from the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) textbooks?
[A]Yash Pal Committee
[B]D.S Kothari Committee