Quiz 567: General Knowledge Questions
Consider the following:
Which among the above can be used as organic and bio fertilizers?
Correct Answer: C [1, 2 & 3]
There are five biofertilizers viz. Rhizobium, Azotobacter, Azospirillum, Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria and mycorrhiza , which have been incorporated in India`s Fertilizer Control Order (FCO), 1985. Rhizobium, Azotobacter, Azospirillum and blue green algae(BGA) have been traditionally used as Biofertilizers.
Rhizobiuminoculant is used for leguminous crops such as pulses. Azotobacter can be used with crops like wheat, maize, mustard, cotton, potato and other vegetable crops. Blue green algae such as Nostoc, Anabaena, Tolypothrix and Aulosira fix atmospheric nitrogen and are used as inoculants for paddy crop. Phosphate solubilizing bacteria like Pantoea agglomerans strain P5, and Pseudomonas putida strain P13 are able to make the phosphate usable by solubilize it from inorganic sources.
2. Deposition of which among the following in the joints, causing inflammation is reason of Gout, one of the forms of arthritis?
Correct Answer: D [Uric Acid]
Gout is caused by deposition of uric acid crystals in the joint, causing inflammation. There is also an uncommon form of gouty arthritis caused by the formation of rhomboid crystals of calcium pyrophosphate known as pseudogout. In the early stages, the gouty arthritis usually occur in one joint, but with time, it can occur in many joints and be quite crippling. The joints in gout can often become swollen and lose function.
3. Which among the following landforms is formed by the action of a geologic rift or fault?
Correct Answer: A [Rift Valley]
4. 7, Race Course Road, the official residence of Indian Prime Minister is commonly known as ___?
Correct Answer: C [Panchavati]
5. Which among the following countries make G-4?
Correct Answer: D [India, Japan, Germany and Brazil]
6. Garo Hills is a part of which among the following states of India?
Correct Answer: B [Meghalaya]
7. The crop insurance scheme is being implemented at which among the following levels under the National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS)?
Correct Answer: C [District]
8. What is the average life of the Red Blood corpuscles?
Correct Answer: A [100-120 days]
9. Which among the following states leads in Handloom and Handicrafts clusters in India?
Correct Answer: A [Uttar Pradesh]
10. Which among the following is the largest export market for India, for its marine products?