1. A “Suitable Boy”, which is considered to one of the longest novels ever published in a single volume in the English language, has been written by which among the following authors?
Correct Answer: D [Vikram Seth]
2. Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP) is an organization under which of the following?
Correct Answer: B [United Nations]
3. Which among the following committee is known for recommending a 3-tier Panchayati Raj System which includes Zila Parishad at the District Level, Panchayat Samiti at the Block/ Tehsil/ Taluka Level and Gram Panchayat at the Village Level?
Correct Answer: A [Balwant Rai Mehta Committee]
4. Consider the following statements:
- The High Yielding Variety Programme (HYVP) was launched in the Kharif of 1966-67
- The programme generally was successful in the wheat producing zones of the country
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
Correct Answer: C [Both 1 & 2]
5. Consider the following:
- Dealing with Foreign Exchange
- Controlling the monetary policy
- Work as Banker to the Government
- Control the Government Spending
Choose the functions of RBI from the given options:
Correct Answer: C [1,2,3]
6. Who among the following has written the book titled ‘The Perils of Democracy’?
Correct Answer: B [P. C. Alexander]
7. Which among the following rivers is known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibet?
Correct Answer: D [Brahamputra]
8. Majuli, the largest river island in the world is located in which among the following states of India?
Correct Answer: A [Assam]
9. “Panikulangara” is a variety of which among the following?
Correct Answer: B [Cardamom]
10. As per seismic zoning map of Government of India, Jaitapur site falls within which among the following?
Correct Answer: B [Zone III]