Quiz 450: GK Questions (Indian Economy) for Public Services Examinations
1. In Greek texts, who among the following has been mentioned as Amitrochates?
Correct Answer: B [Bindusara]
Bindusara, also called Bindusara Maurya, Greek Amitrochates, is the second Mauryan emperor, who ascended the throne about 297 bce. Greek sources refer to him as Amitrochates.
2. Up to what fraction of direct foreign investment facility was allowed in the New Industrial Policy 1991?
3. Which of the following Indian playwright was imitated by Ceylon King Kumaradasa, the author of Janakiharana?
Correct Answer: B [Kalidasa]
Kalidasa was Indian playwright imitated by Ceylon King Kumaradasa, the author of Janakiharana.
4. Which among the following scheme was NOT started in the Eighth Five Year Plan?
Correct Answer: D [Jawahar Rozgar Yojana]
Jawahar Rozgar Yojana was started in 7th plan
Consider the following statements about a former Minister/ Prime Minister / President of India?
- His birthday falls in November and is celebrated as a National Observance all over India
- He is known to have established first Indian Institute of Technology and the University Grants Commission
- He served as head of CBSE, once upon a time
Which among the following personalities, the above statements refer to ?
Correct Answer: B [Maulana Abul Kalam Azad]
6. Micro Credit in India comes under which the following activities?
Correct Answer: D [Non Banking Finance]
Consider the following committee’s role played in the genesis of the given programmes:
- Lead Bank Scheme – Narsimaham Committee
- SHG-Bank Linkage – S K Kalia Committee
Which among the above is/ are correct?
Correct Answer: B [2 only]
8. National Mission on Financial Inclusion was recommended by which of the following committees?
Correct Answer: B [Rangarajan Committee]
9. Which among the following in India is responsible to create “Financial Inclusion Plans”?
Correct Answer: D [None of the above]
10. In context with the Credit Card Business in India, a Hot card refers to ______?
Correct Answer: C [Lost Credit Card]