Quiz 413: General Studies For Public Service Examinations
1. Who among the following annexed Anga to Magadha?
Correct Answer: B [Bimbisara]
Anga was annexed to Magadha by Bimbisara. He was the main reason for the expansion of the empire. He annexed Anga, Kosi etc.
Consider the following:
- Bombay High Court
- Allahabad High court
- Patna High court
Arrange the above high courts of various Indian states of India in terms of decreasing number of their benches:
Correct Answer: A [1, 2, 3,]
3. “Temple of the Emerald Buddha” is located in which country?
Correct Answer: D [Thailand]
4. Which among the following best suits to Vajrasana?
Correct Answer: A [The place where Buddha got enlightment]
The Vajrasana is an ancient stone slab located under the Bodhi tree, directly beside the Mahabodhi Temple at Bodh Gaya. It was placed at Bodhgayā by emperor Ashoka of the Maurya Empire between 250-233 BCE, at the spot where the Buddha gained enlightenment about 200 years before.
5. Under which of the following trees, Buddha got enlightment?
Correct Answer: B [Ficus religiosa]
Ficus religiosa and it is the botanical name of peepal. Ficus benghalensis is Indian Banyan Tree, Ficus microcarpa is Chinese Fig, Ficus elastica is Indian Rubber Plant.
6. Which among the following is NOT a condition for perfect competition?
Correct Answer: C [Informative advertising to ensure that consumers have a good information]
7. A monopolist will be able to maximize his profits when _________?
Correct Answer: D [His marginal cost is equal to the marginal revenue]
8. Which among the following was the first state in US to ban smoking at public places?
Correct Answer: D [Minnesota]
9. Headquarters of the Academy of Scientific and Innovative research (AcSIR) is located at:
Correct Answer: C [Noida]
Consider the following statements:
- Both HELINA & Namica are future antitank missiles of India
- Both HELINA and Namica are versions of Nag Missile
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
Correct Answer: C [Neither 1 nor 2 is correct]
HELINA is Helicopter Nag and it is a version of missile. But NAMICA is Nag Missile Carrier.