Quiz 372: General Awareness for State PCS Exams
1. which state is India’s first integrated horticulture district?
Correct Answer: A [Gujarath]
2. Barak valley is an important part of which of the following states of India?
Correct Answer: B [Assam]
3. Twang is an area in Arunanchal Pradesh in India, recently in news papers. It is world famous for which of the following?
Correct Answer: B [India’s largest Buddhist monastery]
4. An estimate of a sum required to meet the expenditure that it incurs during the first three to four months of an election financial year until a new government is in place, to keep the machinery running is also known as ______?
Correct Answer: B [Vote on Account]
As we know that Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) is the amount of funds that the banks have to keep with the Reserve Bank of India. Consider the following consequences , if Reserve Bank of India decides to increase the CRR substantially in its monetary policy:
- The banks will have to keep more money with RBI and this dries up the liquidity.
- The Banks will have to increase the Interest rates on their Home Loan products
- The banks will be able to earn more money due to increased interest rates.
Which among the above statements hold true?
Correct Answer: B [1 & 2 only]
6. Many a times we read in the newspapers that government has hiked cess or duty on certain “demerit good”. Which among the following is an example of demerit good?
Correct Answer: D [Tobacco]
Demerit goods are those good which affect the consumers negatively. Molasses is a byproduct of alcoholic fermentation so ca not be a demerit good.
7. Which among the following has two regulators in India at present?
Correct Answer: D [Unit Linked Insurance products]
8. secretariat of SAARC Development Fund is located at:
Correct Answer: D [Thimpu]
9. Which among the following is not an important payment and settlement systems in India?
Correct Answer: A [Clearing House Automated Payment System]
Clearing House Automated Payment System CHAPS is in UK
10. Which among the following body runs the International Radon Project ?
Correct Answer: B [World Health Organization]