Tibetan Plateau can be best placed in which among the following categories of Plateus?
[B] Continental Plateau
[C] Volcanic Plateau
[D] Dissected Plateu
Plateaus are classified according to their surrounding environment.
1. Intermontane plateaus are the highest in the world, bordered by mountains. The Tibetan Plateau is one such plateau.
2. Piedmont plateaus are bordered on one side by mountains and on the other by a plain or sea.
3. Continental plateaus are bordered on all sides by the plains or seas, forming away from mountains.
4. Volcanic plateaus are produced by volcanic activity. The Columbia Plateau in the north-western United States of America is one such plateau.
5. Dissected plateaus are highly eroded plateaus cut by rivers and broken by deep narrow valleys.