NIT Puducherry Recruitment 2018 for Faculty Posts
NIT Puducherry, Karaikal, an Institute of National Importance under Ministry of Human Resource Development, has invited applications from Indian Nationals, for the recruitment of faculty. The candidates selected will be recruited in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Science & Humanities. The interested candidates should submit their applications by the last date i.e. 27th February 2018. The period of probation is of one year for these vacancies. The applications have to be made on the prescribed application form, the link for which is given at the end of the post. All the other important details are given in the official advertisement.
About the Vacancies
- Professor – 4 posts
- Associate Professor – 11 posts
- Assistant Professor – No vacancy (only for serving faculty to move into higher grade)
- Associate Professor – Ph.D.
- Experience required for Associate Professor Posts: Six years after Ph.D. of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor with Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8000; or Nine years total working experience, of which three years should be after Ph.D
- Professor – Ph.D
- Experience required for Professor Posts: Ten years after Ph.D. or thirteen years total working experience, out of which seven years should be after Ph.D.
- Maximum age limit is 60 years
- Exception in the case of faculty having exceptionally brilliant research career
- 27th February 2018