Swachch Bharat Abhiyan gets PM Modi the Global Goalkeeper Award
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is slated to be honored by a special honor given by the Gates Foundation for his exceptional leadership and dedication to the Swachch Bharat Abhiyan (SBA). The SBA is a nationwide program endeavor which aims to motivate the people to clean up the public spaces of the nation.
What has happened?
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced that they will honor Prime Minister Modi with the “Global Goalkeeper Award” for his vision, leadership and commitment to the Swachch Bharat Abhiyan.
- The Global Goalkeeper Award is a special recognition which aims to celebrate a political leader’s commitment and vision for the advancement of global goals via their actions and policy endeavors.
The Global Goalkeeper Awards
- The Global Goalkeeper Awards are handed out by the Gates Foundation which will host the fourth iteration of the annual Goalkeepers ‘Global Goals Awards’ on September 24, 2019.
- The awards, handed out annually in five categories, are given to leaders and individuals in recognition of their efforts towards fulfilling the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The five categories in which the awards are handed out are Progress, Changemaker, Campaign, Goalkeepers Voice and the Global Goalkeeper.
- This year’s awards aim to focus on the challenge of reducing global inequality.
About the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, also referred to as the William H. Gates Foundation previously is a private charitable organization founded and headed by Bill and Melinda Gates.
- The foundation has its head office in Seattle, Washington and currently holds assets worth USD 50.7 billion, making it the world’s largest organization.
- The foundation aims to achieve global improvement in healthcare and mitigate poverty.
- Since its inception, the foundation has provided support for a wide range of social, health, and education initiatives.
Topics: American people of German descent , Big History , Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation , Bill Gates , Businesspeople , Economy of the United States , Freemen of the City of London , Melinda Gates , Personal computing