Food Processing and Related Industries
- In recent times, the demand for Packaged Food has been increasing consistently. Discuss the reasons evaluating how this can be used to strengthen the farm sector in India.
- Throw light on the functions and importance of food processing while differentiating the primary, secondary and tertiary processing.
- Explain the Upstream /Downstream Industries and Forward / Backward Linkages with reference to Food Processing Industry.
- Throw light on the hub and spoke architecture of a Mega Food Park examining its forward and backward linkages.
- To what extent, the Mega Food Park Scheme is able to link farm produce to the market? Critically examine the key issues incidental thereto.
- Examine the rationality of the proposed National Food Grid in context with seasonal spike of food prices in the country.
- Examine the role played by CFTRI and FSSAI in Food Security and Food Safety in India.
- With respect to the storage of the agricultural produce, there has been a long debate whether Flat warehouses are good for India or we need to modernize them by having vertical silos. Discuss the pros and cons of the both.
- What are the major roadblocks to connect India's agri-system to the food processing industry and through it to the global value chain? Discuss.
- What are the reasons for poor acceptance of cost-effective small processing unit? How the food processing unit will be helpful to upliftment of socio-economic status of poor farmers?
- The Food Processing Industry in India suffers from long and fragmented supply chain. Can contract farming provide plausible solution to this problem? Discuss.
- Analyze the key challenges to India's food processing industry from production to consumption.
- Contrast the role of private corporate sector vis-à-vis public sector in their respective share of investment in Indian Agriculture.
- What are the flaws in the existing laws for pesticide management in the country? Discuss in the light of proposed Pesticide Management Bill 2017.
- Giving suitable examples, critically discuss why a thriving food processing industry has potential to address the unemployment crisis in India.
- Every year, India witnesses large amount of wastage of fruits, vegetables and grains due to lack of effective food supply chain management. Discuss while suggesting measures to address this challenge.
- With suitable examples, explain the upstream and downstream requirements of processed and packed food industry.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.