WBPSC Recruitment 2018 for Medical Officer Posts
West Bengal Public Service Commission has invited applications for recruitment to the posts of Medical Officers. The Break-up of vacancies is given below. All of these posts are temporary but likely to be permanent. It is to be noted that ability to read, write and speak in Bengali is an essential qualification for recruitment to the post provided that the said compulsory requirement of knowledge in Bengali shall not be applicable to those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali. All the other details are mentioned in the notification, the link for which is given below. This is a good opportunity for candidates seeking job in West Bengal Government. The candidates should note that Private Practice of any kind is not allowed.
About the Vacancies
Medical Officer (Specialised) – 54 posts
- RADIOLOGY – 5 posts
- ANAESTHESIOLOGY – 7 posts
- PATHOLOGY – 7 posts
- ORTHOPAEDICS – 5 posts
- SURGERY – 10 posts
- GENERAL MEDICINE/FAMILY MEDICINE – 10 posts
- BIOCHEMISTRY – 5 posts
- PAEDIATRICS – 5 posts
Medical Officer (General Duty) – 111 posts
- Not more than 40 years ( As on 01.01.2018)
- For Medical Officer (Specialised): (A) Any of the Medical qualifications included in the First and Second Schedule or Part – II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956) and registration as Medical Practitioner in West Bengal & (B) Recognised Post-Graduate degree in a particular speciality or equivalent qualification. Post-Graduate qualifications :- for (i) Radiology -MD/DMRD/DNB, (ii) Anaesthesiology -MD/DA/DNB, (iii) Pathology -MD/DNB, (iv) Orthopaedics -MS/DNB, (v) Surgery -MS/DNB, (vi) Medicine -MD/DNB, (vii) Biochemistry -MD/DNB & (viii) Paediatrics -MD/DNB.
- For Medical Officers (General Duty): Any of the Medical qualifications included in the First and Second Schedule and Part – II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956) and registration as Medical Practitioner in West Bengal.
- 15, 600/- – 42, 000/- (P.B. – 4A) plus Grade Pay Rs. 5, 400/- plus E.S.I. allowance, non-practicing allowance and certain admissible allowances as per rules
- 26th February 2018