IIT Kanpur Recruitment 2018 for Faculty Posts
IIT Kanpur has invited applications from temporary and contractual post of Faculty positions of Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors in various departments/subjects. The interested candidates should submit their applications by the last date i.e. 31st August 2018. The applications have to be submitted online using the link given below. All the other relevant details like age limit, application mode, mode of payment of application fee etc. are given in the official notification, the link for which is given at the end of the post.
About the Vacancies
The total number of vacancies for this recruitment are as follows:
- Professor in the Pay Level 14A
- Associate Professor in the Pay Level 13A2
- Assistant Professor Grade- I in the Pay Level 12
- Assistant Professor Grade-II in the Pay Level 10 and 11
The Educational Qualifications needed for this recruitment are as follows:
- Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades) at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch, with a very good academic record throughout (also see in Notes below). In addition, for:
- Professor : 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 04 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs.
- Associate Professor : 06 years Teaching/Research/Industrial experience of which at least 03 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer.
- Assistant Professor : Minimum three years Industrial/Research/Teaching experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
The last date for this recruitment is as follows:
- 31st August 2018
Following are the official links and other important dates related to this recruitment: