GK Question- 35
Consider the following Bengal playwrights:
1. Michael Madhusudan Dutt
2. Bankimchandra Chatterjee
3. Rabindranath Tagore
4. Saratchandra Chattopadhyaya
Which among the following is a correct set of their works respectively?
[A]Kapalkundala, Bou Thakuranir Hat, Datta,Meghanathabad Kavya
[B]Kapalkundala, Meghanathabad Kavya, Bou Thakuranir Hat, Datta
[C]Meghanathabad Kavya,Bou Thakuranir Hat, Datta,Kapalkundala,
[D]Meghanathabad Kavya, Kapalkundala, Bou Thakuranir Hat, Datta
1. Michael Madhusudan Dutt This man was known for developing Amritakshar Channde which is a meter. He is also known for developing his own Bengali, in which he borrowed difficult works from Sanskrit. The most famous epic of Bengali is Meghanadabad kavya and it was written by him. His long English poem the Captive Lady is also famous.
2. Bankimchandra Chatterjee Rajmohan’s wife was his first fiction that appeared in print. This was in English. Durgeshnandini was his first Bengali novel which was a romantic treatise. Kapalkundala was his second and one of the best romance novels.
3. Rabindranath Tagore Bou Thakuranir Hat means Daughter-in-laws market. It was the first full-fledged novel of Rabindranath Tagore, written in 1883.
4. Saratchandra Chattopadhyaya Datta is a novel written by Saratchandra. This story depicts the story of a girl whose father promised her hand to a friend’s son, when both the boy and girl were not even born by that time. 2011 film Aalo Chhaya is based upon its story.