SSC-CGL 1st July 2012 (Morning Shift) Solution GK
31. A tree’s age can be found by
[A]counting the number of branches
[C]measuring its height
[D]counting the number of annual rings
counting the number of annual rings
32. The left aortic arch is observed in
33. Tendon connects
[A]bone to muscle
[B]muscle to muscle
[C]bone to bone
[D]muscle to bone
muscle to bone
34. Mercury is generally used in thermometers because it has a
[B]high specific heat
Due to its high conductivity and low specific heat, a mercury thermometer acquires thermal equilibrium with the surrounding body more quickly than any other liquid thermometer.
35. To an observer on the lunar surface during day time, the sky will appear to be
36. Which of the following quantities is measure of ‘inertia’?
37. The intensity of a wave
1.follows Inverse Square Law.
2.is proportional to its amplitude.
3.is proportional to the square of the amplitude.
[A]Only 2 is true
[B]1 and 3 are true
[C]1 and 2 are true
[D]2 and 3 are true
1 and 3 are true
38. In which of the following States, is the child sex-ratio the lowest as per the 2011 census?
39. Kaziranga Natrional Park is situated in:
40. Who is the author of the book ‘If Cricket is Religion, Sachin is God’?
[C]Both [A] and [B] [D]None of the above
Both [A] and [B]