Some Questions from Bank of India PO General Awareness Dated 24-1-2010
Our Reader Community is actively participating making this site a great source of reference. One of our reader Bhoopathi Balu has sent some questions from the Bank of India PO Examination General Awareness held on 24-1-2010. I am not framing a quiz, rather putting the questions, as sent by Balu with my answers. Balu has marked all these questions correctly.
- Recently Irina bokova took over as secretary general of ______?
Irinia Bokova has been discussed in our blog many times. Recently she was in New Delhi , read here
- India recently bought huge amount of gold from?
India Recently bought 200 Ton Gold from IMF. We discussed it here
- Recently heads of different countries met in Berlin to commemorate the 20th anniversary of ? Answer: On 9 November 2009 , Presidents of the European Commission and the European Parliament, Heads of State and Government as well as hundreds of thousands of citizens joined together to celebrate the 20 th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, a unique event in contemporary history and a landmark for European integration.
- Dadasaheb phalke award is related to ?
Almost all readers know about this award. Mannadey Received this award this year.
- Lata mangeskar recently was honoured with legion of honour from which country?
Those who are following this site know this answer : We discussed here
- Term related with football?
The answer option was Cutback . A cutback in football generally refers to a move a running back makes when a run play is designed to go one way but the back sees opportunity for gain elsewhere
- Cricketer who completed 17000 runs ?
- Full form of NREGA?
Don’t you know this. OK, Now its Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Act
- Book written by Chetan bhagat?
Five Point Someone – What not to do at IIT , One Night @ the Call Center, The Three Mistakes of My Life and 2 States – The Story Of My Marriage
- Dorjee khandu is the chief minister of?
Arunachal Pradesh . We discussed asembly elections here
- 3rd largest steel producing country?
- One basis point is equal to? One basis point is 100th part of a given rate. For example the given rate of SLR was raised by 100 basis points , so it was made 24 % to 25%.
- Foreign trade policy is related to (Asking for Ministry?
Ministry of trade and commerce.
- Which Indian state set up the first e-court?
It is Gujarat High Court, we discussed it in our blog.
- NTPC is about to acquire coal fields in which country?
The answer is Indonesia , I hope Mozambique was not an option.
- Nepal PM immediately prior to Madhav Kumar Nepal?
Most of you must have done this question right. He was Pushpa Kamal Dahal(Prachanda)
- Miss earth 2009?
- CHOGM summit was held at?
Ya , it was in Trinidad and Tobago & Our PM took part in this.
- Which of the following is not a food crop?
jute (Easy one)
- Venue of 2009 WTO ministerial meeting?
It was in Geneva. It was Seventh Session of the WTO Ministerial Conference that took place from 30 November to 2 December 2009
Topics: IBPS Bank PO 2012 Quiz