Some latest Forecasts by IMF
These projections were published in the update to the World Economic Outlook in July 2009:
- India will grow by 5.4 % in 2009 (April figure was 4.5%)
- World economy will shrink by 1.4 % in 2009. (April figure was +1.3 %)
- China will expand 7.5 % (April figures 6.5 %)
- The Indian economy is projected to expand at a rate of 6.5 per cent in 2010 while the world GDP is anticipated to grow by 2.5 per cent.
- US economy to contract by 2.6 per cent this year (April figure was -2.8 % )
related post : Poverty in India : Some Latest Projections of IMF