Shilp Guru and Sant Kabir Awards
Shilp Guru Award
- The Shilp Guru awards are conferred by Government of India every year on legendary master crafts persons of handicrafts whose work and dedication have contributed not only to the preservation of rich and diverse craft heritage of the country but also to the resurgence of handicrafts sector as a whole.
- Each award consists of one mounted gold coin, one shawl, certificate and a ‘tamrapatra’.
- In addition, financial assistance of Rs.6 lakh is also given to each awardee to innovate and create five new products of high level of excellence, high aesthetic value and high quality befitting the stature of the Guru.
Sant Kabir award
- The Sant Kabir Award is conferred by Government of India every year on outstanding weavers who have made valuable contribution in keeping alive the handloom heritage and also for dedication in building up linkages between the past, present and future through dissemination of knowledge on traditional skills and designs.
- Each award consists of one mounted gold coin, one shawl, a certificate and a ‘tamrapatra’.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 6 lakh is also given to each awardee to innovate and create 10 new products of high level of excellence, high aesthetic value and high quality.
National Awards for Master Crafts persons and master weavers
- The National Awards for Master Crafts persons and master weavers were introduced in 1965 by Government of India.
- Each award comprises a cash prize of Rs.1 lakh, a certificate, a ‘tamrapatra’ and an ‘angavastram’.
(image: wikimedia commons)
Video from our Channel
- Is the sole individual opinion of the chief justice of India constitutes consultation within the meaning of Articles 217 (1) and 222 (1) of the Indian Constitution?
- Marketing Process: The Basic Schematic
- What is the meaning of Breakaway positioning?
- Tigers in India: Distribution, Tiger Census, Tiger Reserves
- Supreme Court of India