Seed Crop Insurance
The seed crop insurance scheme has been introduced to provide financial security & income stability to the Seed Growers in the event of failure of seed crop and build confidence in the existing seed growers & stimulate participation of new growers to undertake seed production programme of newly released hybrid/ improved varieties.
- The scheme has been introduced from Rabi 1999-2000.
- This scheme is being implemented by Agricultural Insurance Company of India Ltd.
- This scheme is being implemented in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat , Haryana , Karnataka , Madhya Pradesh , Maharashtra , Orissa , Punjab , Rajasthan , Uttar Pradesh (10) states of India.
- Wheat, Paddy, Maize, Jowar, Bajra, Sunflower, Cotton, Groundnut, Red Gram, Castor, Bengal Gram, Ragi, Mustard, Black Gram etc.
The scheme covers the following risks:
- Failure of seed crop either in full or in part due to natural risk
- Loss in expected raw seed yield.
- Loss in seed crop after harvest,