Rashtriya Ispat Nigham Ltd
- RINL is the first shore based integrated steel plant in the country located at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- The plant was commissioned in August 1992 with a capacity to produce 3 million tonne per annum (Mtpa) of liquid steel.
RINL has been awarded all the three international standards certificates, namely, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:1996 and OHSAS 18001:1999. RINL is the first Indian steel plant to get the ‘Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) – Level 3’ certification issued by ‘Software Engineering Institute (SEI) of Carnegie Mellon University’, USA for implementation of IT systems in RINL. The company has emerged as a good corporate citizen and has contributed substantially for the development of the region.
Chairman: P K Bishnoi
- In 2009, the Production in major units exceeded 100% capacity utilization for the ninth consecutive year by achieving 113%,
- 108% and 114% capacity utilization for hot metal, Liquid steel & Saleable steel respectively.
- Sales Turnover of ` 7543 crore was achieved during Apr-Dec’09, registering a growth of 7% over the corresponding period of 2008-09.
- Sales volume of Saleable Steel during Apr-Dec’09 stood at 2.274 million tonne, registering a growth of 4% over the corresponding period last year.
- Export sales value touched ` 300 crore during April-December 2009, a growth of 283% over the corresponding period last year.
- RINL is the first Indian Steel Plant to get ‘Capability Maturity Model Integrated’ (CMMI) level-3 certificate in the field of Information Technology.
- ‘Enterprise Resource Planning’ (ERP) –‘UKKU SANKALP’ implementation process was launched in RINL-VSP.
- RINL was recognized as one amongst “India’s Top 50 best companies to work for” in the study conducted by Great
- Place To Work Institute and Economic Times. The company was ranked among the Top 2 PSUs, Ranked 4th in
- Large organizations and Ranked 6th in Manufacturing & production companies
- A dolomite mine and manganese mine at Cheepurupalli
- A blast furnace grade limestone mine at Jaggayapeta.
RINL in Current Affairs:
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam (RINL) is looking to double its capacity to 6.3 MMT of liquid steel in a phased manner with an investment of Rs 12,000 crore. It was disclosed by RINL CMD PK Bishnoi in September 2010. The entire expansion is under implementation in two stages. Under stage-I, new blast furnace, converters, billet casters and wire-rod mill will be commissioned in FY11. The facilities under stage–II, consisting of special bar mill and structural mill, will be commissioned in FY12.