Raja Ram Mohun Roy Library Foundation, Kolkata
Raja Rammohun Roy Library Foundation (RRRLF), Kolkata was established by the government to promote and support public library movements in the country by providing adequate library services through assistance and by developing reading habits all over the country. It was Established in 1972, the bicentenary year of the birth of Raja Ram Mohun Roy.
Functions and Powers
Raja Ram Mohun Roy Library Foundation (RRRLF) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Culture. It is the nodal agency of the Government of India to support public library services and systems and promote public library movement in the country. It has headquarters at Kolkata and four zonal offices: Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi and Kolkata.
The objectives of RRRLF are:
- to promote library movement in the country ;
- to enunciate a national library policy and to help build up a national library system ;
- to provide financial and technical assistance to libraries ;
- to publish appropriate literature and to act as a clearing house of ideas and information on library developement in India and abroad ;
- to advise the government on all matters pertaining to the library developement in the country
Topics: Government Schemes India