GK Question- 68
Consider the following fall outs of Chauri-Chaura incident:
1. Non-cooperation Movement was called off by Mahatma Gandhi
2. There was a schism in the Congress
3. Swaraj Party took a resolution to boycott elections and not rest before attaining swaraj
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[A]Only 1 & 2 are correct
[B]Only 2 is correct
[C]Only 2 & 3 are correct
[D]All are correct
Explanation: 1. Non-cooperation Movement was called off by Mahatma Gandhi This statement is incorrect because the event led Gandhi to call off the Civil Disobedience movement from Bardoli in February 1922 and not the Non-cooperation Movement.
2. There was a schism in the Congress The second statement is correct that there was a schism in the Congress.
3. Swaraj Party took a resolution to boycott elections and not rest before attaining swaraj Moti lal Nehru, C R Das, N C Kelkar, GS Gharpade and S Srinivas founded the Swaraj party. The third statement is incorrect, as they chose a middle path, as none of them was capable to lead such a large scale movement. So, they decided swaraj within the British Raj and that ‘s what led them to contest the elections and win some handsome number of seats.