Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana
‘Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana’ is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. Of India, to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through special kendra’s known as Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra. Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra (PMBJK) has been set up to provide generic drugs, which are available at lesser prices but are equivalent in quality and efficacy as expensive branded drugs.
The objective of the scheme includes making quality medicines available at affordable prices for all, particularly the poor and disadvantaged, through exclusive outlets “Jan Aushadhi Medical Store”, so as to reduce out of pocket expenses in healthcare. It also includes bringing down the healthcare budget of every citizen of India through providing Quality generic Medicines at Affordable Prices.
- Create awareness among public regarding generic medicines.
- Create demand for generic medicines through medical practioners.
- Create awareness through education and awareness program that high price need not be synonymous with high quality.
- Provide all the commonly used generic medicines covering all the therapeutic groups.
- Provide all the related health care products too under the scheme.
Generic medicines are unbranded medicines which are equally safe and having the same efficacy as that of branded medicines in terms of their therapeutic value. The prices of generic medicines are much cheaper than their branded equivalent. The generic drugs are having the same efficacy and therapeutic value as that of branded medicines. The cost of generic medicines having the same quality as that of branded medicines is much cheaper than their branded equivalent.
Video from our Channel
- Ethics and Integrity: Contribution by Moral Thinkers- Kautilya
- What must be proved to hold a person guilty for a tort by ratification?
- Various Trophic Levels in Food Chain
- Who was Immanuel Kant and what was his contribution to law?
- What is the highest runs scored by individual in One Day International Cricket career?