National Livelihood Mission (NLM)
- To bring each BPL household under Self Help Group (SHG) net,
- To set up dedicated implementation structure at various levels,
- To enhance capital subsidy for the beneficiaries,
- To ensure easy access for multiple doses of credit,
- To form and strengthen people owned organization such as Self Help Groups (SHG) Federation at various level,
- To upscale the skill development and placement programs, Rural Self Employment Training Institute (RSETIs) in each district of the country.
It is also proposed to induct dedicated professionals at various levels for implementation of the program. Special emphasis will be given to technology inputs. Under the scheme, it is provided that Schedule Caste (SC) and Schedule Tribes (STs) will account for at least 50% of Swarojgaries, women 40%, minorities 15% and disabled 3%.
Under the existing guidelines of SGSY, 15% of allocation is set apart for taking up special projects which are of pioneering nature for bringing a specified large number of rural below poverty line (BPL) beneficiaries above poverty line in a time bound manner.
The objective of the Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY) is to bring the assisted poor families (Swarozgaries) above the Poverty Line by ensuring appreciable sustained level of income over a period of time. This objective is to be achieved by inter alia organising the rural poor into Self Help Groups (SHGs) through the process of social mobilization, their training and capacity building and provision of income generating assets. The SHG approach helps the poor to build their self-confidence through community action.