National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP)
The National Agricultural Higher Education Project has been formulated by the ICAR in partnership with the World Bank with a focus to improve and sustain quality of higher education in agriculture.
- The project has been launched for a period of four years with 50:50 cost sharing basis with the World Bank.
- The objective of the National Agricultural Higher Education Project for India is to support participating agricultural universities and ICAR in providing more relevant and higher quality education to Agricultural University students.
- There are three components to the project.
- First component is support to agricultural universities. This component will finance investments by participating AUs to improve the quality and relevance of agricultural education and research toward agricultural transformation
- Second component-Investments in ICAR for Leadership in Agricultural Higher Education.
- Third component-Project Management and Learning.