Kakori Train Conspiracy
The idea that objects of the political dacoties must be to secure money belonging to the Government was that of Ram Prasad Bismil. The idea was accepted and it followed a plan that a running train at Kakori on the Lucknow-Saharanpur section should be looted. The Railway was carrying the Government chest and it was plundered successfully by 10 HRA revolutionaries. But the whole plot was unearthed. The result was arrest of some 30 people and all of them were trailed in the Kakori Conspiracy Case.
- The people who were arrested as follows:
Swaran Singh (uncle of Bhagat Singh), Ram Prasad Bismil, Ashfaqulla Khan, Rajendra Lahiri, Durga Bhabhi (Durga Bhagavati Chandra Vohra), Roshan Singh, Sachindra Bakshi, Chandrasekhar Azad, Vishnu Sharan Dublish, Keshab Chakravarthy, Banwari Lal, Mukundi Lal, Sachindra Nath Sanyal,Manmathnath Gupta.
- These detainees were provided legal defense by Pandit Gobind Ballabh Pant, Mohanlal Saxena, Chandrabhanu Gupta, Ajit Prasad Jain, Gopinath Srivastava, R. M. Bahadurji and B. K. Chaudhury.
- The following 5 members of given sentence to death.
Swaran Singh, Ram Prasad Bismil, Ashfaqullah Khan, Rajendra Lahiri and Roshan Singh
- Swaran Singh was the uncle of Bhagat Singh. His martyrdom inspired Bhagat Singh.
- The Urdu poem Sarfaroshi ki Tamanna was made popular by Ram Prasad Bismil.
- This poem was actually written by Bismil Azimabadi. This poem is associated with Ashfaqullah Khan, Shaheed Bhagat Singh, and Chandrashekhar Azad, who got very much inspired.
Rest all were either put in jail for long term or were deported for life. The result was that HRA came to almost an end.