The pillar was surmounted by a sculpture of Garuda and was apparently dedicated by Heliodorus to the god Vasudeva in front of the temple of Vasudeva.
Heliodorus was a Greek ambassador who described himself as a Bhagavata and a resident of Taksasila. The ambassador came from the Greek king Antialcidis to Kautsiputra Bhagabhadra identified with the fifth Sunga king, and the record is dated in the fourteenth year of his reign, approximating to c. 113 B.C.”
Video from our Channel
- Issues & Analysis around Administrative Tribunals
- Write briefly that liability for defamation depends on facts of defamation rather on intention of the defendant to defame.
- President Rule in Arunachal Pradesh: Summary of Events
- Public Distribution System
- Internal Security: Various Problems Faced by CRPF