Formal launch of Mangla Oil Fields in Rajasthan:
What is Mangla Oil Field?
The Mangala Area is a major oil field located Barmer District of Rajasthan. Itconsists of over 16 separate oil and gas fields of which the majority of the reserves are located in the three fields of Mangala, Bhagyam and Aishwariya. Cairn India is the current operator of the field, a subsidiary of Cairn Energy
Some More Notes:
- Mangala’s peak production (projected in 2010) =125,000 barrels per day (bpd)
- Aggregate Peak Production of Mangla, Bhagyam and Aishwarya field (Cairn India) =
- 175,000 bpd. This will account for 20 percent of India’s domestic production.
- Annual savings for India as import bill over next 10 years = $ 1.5 Billion
- How Much India imports of its crude oil needs? 70 %