Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme (EQUIP)
The Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resource Development has come out with an five-year vision plan named Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme (EQUIP).
The vision plan has been prepared after a detailed exercise done by the Experts covering the following ten areas:
- Strategies for expanding access.
- Towards global best teaching/learning process.
- Promoting Excellence.
- Governance reforms.
- Assessment, Accreditation & Ranking systems.
- Promotion of research & innovation.
- Employability & entrepreneurship.
- Using Technology for better reach.
- Financing higher education.
The Vision plan which consists of more than 50 initiatives to transform the higher education environment sets the following goals:
- Double the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education and resolve the geographically and socially skewed access to higher education institutions in India
- Upgrade the quality of education to global standards.
- Position at least 50 Indian institutions among the top-1000 global universities.
- Introduce governance reforms in higher education for well-administered campuses.
- Accreditation of all institutions as an assurance of quality.
- Promote Research & Innovation ecosystems for positioning India in the Top-3 countries in the world in matters of knowledge creation
- Double the employability of the students passing out of higher education.
- Harness education technology for expanding the reach and improving pedagogy.
- Promote India as a global study destination.
- Achieve a quantum increase in investment in higher education.
The vision plan would be placed before the cabinet for approval after inter-departmental consultations.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|