Bal Diwas Awards 2009
The Gold Medal was presented to Ms. Shruthi S, Karnataka for exceptional skill in drawing and painting.
Silver Medal winners are :
- Dhruv, Uttar Pradesh is a keyboard player who plays Hindustani Classical music and creates original compositions based on the ragas.
- Jishnu P Raj, Kerala has shown excellence in the field of art. He has got many prizes for his outstanding drawings and paintings.
- Hiteshwar Singh, Jammu has excelled in roller-skating, roller hockey and Roll Ball.
- Khangjrakpam Arjun, Manipur , at the age of 14 years has became the youngest mountaineer to conquer Mt. Banderpunch peak.
- Akankhya Kabi, Orissa is a multi talented child who has excelled in the Odissi and Chess .
- Sinku Kumar Verma, Jharkhand has remarkable achievements Kumar in Taekwondo
- Rinku Gahlawat,Haryana is a Karate champion par excellence.
- Oshin Johari, Madhya Pradesh participated in ‘Destination NASA Knowledge Challenge 2008’ and has been selected among the top finalists.
- Simran Sandeep Gawli, Maharastra has won the title of ‘World Champion’ in the ‘Abacus Arithmetical Competition’
- Bansi Prathima Muthyala, Andhra Pradesh, has won Gold medals in ‘World Youth Chess Championships.
- Poorva Agrawal, Chhattisgarh is a multi talented child with achievements in the fields of academics, swimming, karate, elocution, instrument playing,
- Kartik Sawhne, Delhi. Despite being visually challenged, he is a recipient of many awards and prizes at national and international levels.
- Barzin Cyrus from Gujarat is an expert player of the synthesizer and can play two of the instruments together with great speed.
- Sri Krishna Mahata from West Bengal, physically challenged, Krishna has various achievements to his credit which encompass the diverse fields of Art and sport
- Shruti Parthasarathy from Andaman Nicobar is one of the youngest certified Scuba divers in India.
- Sakshi from Bihar is a brilliant Kathak dancer. Aasthajita Nanda Bordoloi from Assam has displayed an exceptional talent for singing.
- A. M. Anand from Karnataka is a little genius in mathematics.
- Urvi Manocha from Punjab is a Kathak dancer actively contributing towards creating awareness for welfare of elderly persons through Helpage India.
- Cyrus Carmo Pereira from Goa has made remarkable achievements in Chess.
- Akash Mohan Saxena from Rajasthan has unusual talent in the fields of Cartooning and Robotics.
- Bhavdeep Singh Sachdeva from Chandigarh has represented the country in the 4th Junior World Cup (Roller Hockey) held in Italy in 2009.
- Abhilash M from Pondicherry has shown exceptional brilliance in multidimensional fields.
- E.T. Poonkuzhali from Tamilnadu, had won the Aloha Abacus and Mental Arithmetic competition held in Malaysia