Yarn Bank Scheme
The Ministry of Textiles, Government of India had launched a Yarn Bank Scheme as one of the components of PowerTex India scheme with an aim to avoid fluctuation in yarn price.
Objectives of the Scheme
The objectives of the Yarn Bank Scheme are:
- To provide interest-free corpus fund to Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) or Consortium to enable them to purchase yarn at a wholesale rate and give the yarn at a reasonable price to the small weavers.
- To avoid middleman and local supplier’s brokerage charge on sales of yarn.
Financial Assistance under the Scheme
Under the scheme, an interest-free corpus fund up to Rs.2.00 crore would be provided to the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)/Consortium formed by power loom weavers.
PowerTex India is a comprehensive scheme for power loom sector development. The components of the scheme are:
- In-situ Upgradation of Plain Power looms.
- Group Workshed Scheme (GWS).
- Yarn Bank Scheme.
- Common Facility Centre (CFC).
- Pradhan Mantri Credit Scheme for Power loom Weavers.
- Solar Energy Scheme for Power looms.
- Facilitation, IT, Awareness, Market Development and Publicity for Power loom Schemes.
- Tex Venture Capital Fund.
- Grant-in-Aid and Modernisation & Upgradation of Power loom Service Centres (PSCs).
The PowerTex India is an integrated scheme for the development of the power loom sector. PowerTex India aims to boost common infrastructure and modernise the power loom sector in the country.
First-ever National Toy Fair to start from Feb 27
The first-ever National Toy Fair will be starting from the February 27th, 2021. The festival will co...
First Solar Powered Textile mill in Asia to come up in Parbhani district, Maharashtra
On November 17, 2020, the chairman of Jai Bhawani Women cooperative textile mill announced that the ...
Government scraps All India Handicrafts Board
The Ministry of Textiles has decided that the All India Handicrafts Board and the All India Handloom...
National Handloom Day: 7th August
The country is going to observe the 6th Edition of the National Handloom Day on 07th August 2020 in ...
Mahatma Gandhi Bunkar Bima Yojana
The Mahatma Gandhi Bunkar Bima Yojana was recently discussed in the Lok Sabha by the Union Minister ...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|