Y.V. Reddy to be the chairman of 14th Finance Commission
The constitution of the 14th Finance Commission has been announced by the government. The Commission will have 5 members which will be headed by former RBI Governor Y.V. Reddy. The panel is to submit its report by October 31, 2014.
What this Commission will do?
Main purpose of the Commission:
- Recommend ways of tax sharing b/w centre and states which will apply for a five-year period beginning April 1, 2015.
- Recommend steps for pricing of public utilities such as electricity and water in an independent manner.
- Look into issues like disinvestment, GST compensation, sale of non-priority PSUs and subsidies.
- Look into the need for insulating the pricing of public utility services like drinking water, irrigation, power and public transport from policy fluctuations through statutory provisions.
- Review the state of finances, deficit and debt levels of the Centre and States, keeping in view, in particular, the fiscal consolidation roadmap suggested by the 13th Finance Commission.
- Suggest measures for maintaining a stable and sustainable fiscal environment consistent with equitable growth.
Who are the members of the panel?
Members of the Panel:
- Chairman: Dr. Y.V. Reddy
- Former Finance Secretary Sushma Nath
- NIPFP Director M. Govinda Rao
- Planning Commission Member Abhijit Sen
- Former Acting Chairman of National Statistical Commission Sudipto Mundle.
RBI announces Second Tranche of purchase under G-SAP 1.0
The Reserve Bank of India recently announced that the second tranche of open market purchase of Gove...
RBI to conduct first SLTRO for small finance banks
The Reserve Bank of India recently announced that it is to conduct the first Special Long Term Repo ...
RBI sets up Committee to assist RRA 2.0
The Reserve Bank of India recently constituted a Committee under the Managing Director S Janaki Rama...
T Rabi Sankar named RBI deputy governor
The Government of India recently appointed T Rabi Shankar as the fourth Deputy Governor. ContentsAbo...
RBI Guidelines for Tenure of Bank CEOs and MDs
The Reserve Bank of India recently laid down set of instructions to improve the corporate bank gover...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|