Xi Jinping: China's new leader
Xi Jinping, elected as the general secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Xi Jinping is the paramount leader of the People’s Republic of China, who holds the positions of:
- Vice President of China
- General Secretary of the Communist Party of China
- Chairman of the Central Military Commission
- President of the Central Party School
- The first member of the CPC Politburo Standing Committee, China’s de facto top power organ.
Who is a paramount leader in China ?
- Literally "the highest leader of the party and the state", refers to the political leader of China in modern Chinese political science.
- Xi Jinping.
Who is the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China ?
- The leader of the Party and the highest ranking position.
- Xi Jinping.
Who is the President of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) ?
- The head of state – ceremonial figurehead since 1982
- Hu Jintao
- At present:
- President of the PRC: Hu Jintao
- Vice President of the PRC: Xi Jinping
Who is a Chairman of the Central Military Commission ?
- Commander-in-chief of the armed forces
- Xi Jinping
Practically the absolute power is held more or less collectively by the members of the Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China with the General Secretary acting as a first among equals figure.