What are the five technologies recommended by the Technical Committee of Jal Jeevan Mission?
A Multi-disciplinary Technical Committee that was set up under the Jal Jeevan Mission has recommended five technologies in order to provide field level solutions to the states.
What are the technologies?
- Grundfos AQpure: It is a solar energy-based water treatment plant. It uses ultra-filtration as well.
- Janajal Water on Wheel: It is an Internet on Things based technology that delivers safe water to the doorsteps of households. It is GPS enabled.
- Presto Online Chlorinator: It disinfects water and removes bacterial contamination. It is a non-electricity dependent online chlorinator.
- Johkasou Technology: It is an inbuilt sewage and bath water treatment system. It has advanced anaerobic-aerobic configuration and can be installed underground.
- FBTec: It is a decentralized sewage treatment system.
The Jal Jeevan Mission gives utmost importance to realize the objective of Jal Jeevan Mission. It aims to provide household tap water connection to every household by 2024.
What are the challenges addressed by the technologies?
The technologies address water quality challenges, issues of dealing with grey water and convergence with sanitation sector, variations in regional endowment of water resources.
Jal Jeevan Mission
The mission aims to provide 55 litres of water per person per day to every household by 2024. Usually, the funding pattern of the schemes is in the ratio of 60:40 between the Centre and States respectively. However, the funding pattern of Jal Jeevan Mission is 50:50 between the centre and the states.
During the COVID-19 times, to reduce unemployment and to help the migrant workers with livelihood, the central government asked the states to implement the Jal Jeevan Mission. As the mission is implemented in village and district levels, it helped the migrant workers to earn a living. These migrant workers had shifted to their native villages due to COVID-19.
Under the mission, every village creates a Village Action Plan that will have three components namely water source and its maintenance, greywater management and water supply.
COVID-19 and Prisons
After COVID-19 struck in 2020, the number of COVID-19 positive cases in prisons have become a cause ...
What are Zeolites used in Oxygen Production?
The Air India recently airlifted 35 tonnes of Zeolite used in Oxygen Production plants from Rome to ...
What is Doomsday Surfing or Doomsday Scrolling?
People are continuously reading about the pandemic and news related to it. They are even sacrificing...
WHO warns against use of ivermectin to treat Covid-19
The Health Minister of Goa recently recommended the use of “Ivermectin” to all people above the ...
China discussed weaponizing COVID
A Chinese document written in 2015 states that SARS virus shall be used as a “New Era of Genetic W...
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|