WCD Minister chairs National Conference of States/UTs
Minister for Women and Child Development (WCD), Smriti Zubin Irani, chaired the National Conference, 2021. This conference was held on 30th and 31st of August at Kevadia, Gujarat.
- During the National Conference, ministers discussed deliberated on implementation and governance of schemes and programmes of the ministry, in a better manner, like new initiatives on three key missions: Mission Poshan 2.0, Mission Vatsalya, and Mission Shakti.
- Event started on August 31st, 2021, by giving tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, at the Statue of Unity by Smriti Irani.
- It was followed by planting of nutri-fruit saplings at Mahila Evam Bal Sashaktikaran Van in order to exemplify the vision of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat’ as well as to promote plantation of Poshan Vatikas or Nutri-gardens across the country.
- During the conference, three key Missions and Global Indices were presented.
- Chairpersons of NCPCR and NCW presented their perspectives on child rights and women empowerment.
Mission Poshan 2.0
WCD minister urged all the State governments to participate in the ongoing POSHAN MAAH events and to decide on their own the targets in order to develop Poshan Vatikas. She also requested the States to improve infrastructure of Anganwadi centres and saturate the supply of mobile phones and GMDs during the month.
While talking about Mission Vatsalya, WCD minister emphasised on the importance of recent amendments in Juvenile Justice (JJ) Act. This amendment will help in improving the accountability of DC/DMs and it will also facilitate into reintegration of vulnerable children into society.
Category: Summits and Conferences
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|