Vladivostok is the administrative center of Far Eastern Federal District and Primorsky Krai, Russia.
The city is located around the Golden Horn Bay, not far from Russia’s borders with China and North Korea.?
The city is the home port of the Russian Pacific Fleet and is the largest Russian port on the Pacific coast.
Vladivostok is also the terminal station of the Trans-Siberian Railway which is the longest railway in the world with a length of 87,157 kilometers.
Why Russia matters?
- Russia is a mineral powerhouse and currently ranks the first in the world for hydrocarbon production, exports of steel, primary aluminum and nitrogen fertilizers.
- Russia also holds the world’s largest reserves of tin, zinc, titanium, niobium, nickel, iron ore, drinking water, natural gas, wood, diamonds, and silver.
- The trade delegation of India looks forward to gaining a stake in the natural resource-rich region of Primorsky Krai.
- The region allows for major financial incentives and provides several tax breaks which will allow the Indian investments and labor to participate in Russian projects.
- A few Indian entities like ONGC-Videsh Limited are already engaged in Russian industrial sectors like power, coal, oil, and gas.
Why is it in the news?
A trade delegation which will be headed by the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and accompanied by the Chief Ministers of Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh is visiting the city of Vladivostok to participate in talks with various officials and businessmen of Russia and explores trade opportunities.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|