Vigilance Awareness Week, 2020: Key Facts
The Vigilance Awareness Week is to be held between October 27, 2020 and November 2, 2020. The week is celebrated to affirm the commitment towards promotion of probity and integrity in public life through citizen participation. This year, the Vigilance Awareness Week is to be held under the theme
Theme: Satarak Bharat, Samridh Bharat.
It means Viglant India, Prosperous India.
National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption
On October 27, 2020, PM Modi is to inaugurate National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption. The conference is to be held under the theme
Theme: Vigilance Awareness Week
The Conference is being organised by the Central Bureau of Investigation. It is to be held between October 27, 2020 and November 2, 2020. The conference will discuss capacity building and training, challenges in investigation in foreign jurisdiction, preventive vigilance, prevention of bank frauds, effective auditing, cybercrimes, last amendments to the Prevention of Corruption Act Effective Auditing, prevention of bank frauds.
Central Vigilance Commission
- It is the apex body of GoI that addresses Governmental Corruption. It received statutory status in 2003 under the CVC act. It was set up by Government of India based on recommendations of Committee on Prevention of Corruption. It was presided by shri Santhanam and the committee was also called Santhanam Committee.
- Nittoor Srinivasa Rau was the first Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India.
- The Supreme Court in 1997 provided directions regarding the superior role of CVC in the Vineet Narain & others Vs Union of India case.
- The CVC aims to make the Government processes transparent through payment to outsourced workers, condemnation of old furniture, house allotments, weeding out the old records, etc.
List of anti-corruption laws in India
- Prevention of Anti-Corruption Act, 1988
- Benami Transaction (Prohibition) Act, 1988
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
- Whistle Blower Protection Act, 2011
- Right to Information Act, 2005
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|