VHP leader Ashok Singhal passes away
Senior Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Ashok Singhal passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana. He was 90 and was suffering from serious respiratory problems.
Singhal was a bachelor and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) pracharak all his life and was the prominent leader of temple movement in Ayodhya i.e. Ramjanmabhoomi movement.
About Ashok Singhal
- Born: 15 September 1926 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1950, he had completed his bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the Benaras Hindu University Institute of Technology.
- After graduation, he became a full time pracharak of right-wing RSS and in 1980, he was deputed as leader of VHP and became its joint general secretary.
- Singhal had served as an international working President of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) for over 20 years.
- He was a key organiser of the first VHP Dharma Sansad which was held in 1984 at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi. This Sansad had given birth to Ramjanmabhoomi temple movement.