Vayoshreshtha Samman 2019: Government invites Nominations
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has invited nomination for Vayoshreshtha Samman 2019 which is the National Awards for Senior Citizens for both Individuals and Institutions categories. The nominations should be sent by 31st May 2019.
About Vayoshrestha Sammans
- Background: The series of National Award-Vayoshreshtha Samman awards were instituted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in 2005. In 2013 these were elevated to the level of national awards.
- It is an annual award which is conferred in thirteen categories.
- Nominees: The various Ministries and Departments of Government of India, their autonomous organistions, State Government, Union Territory’s (UT) Administration all can nominate suitable individuals and institutions for the said National Awards.
- Awardees: These are conferred to eminent senior citizens and Institutions who are involved in providing distinguished services for the cause of elderly persons.
- Awarded on: In general these are conferred by the President of India on 1st October each year on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons (IDOP).
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Topics: IDOP • International Day of Older Persons • Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment • National Award • National Awards for Senior Citizens • Vayoshreshtha Samman Awards • Vayoshrestha Sammans