Van Dhan Internship Programme to help Tribals
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs launched the Van Dhan Internship Programme on October 17, 2019. Under the ministry, the program will be organized by the TRIFED (Tribal cooperative marketing Development Federation of India). The program will train the interns and the interns will help the tribal population in becoming self reliant and entrepreneurs.
Highlights of the program
- 18 interns from the reputed Government institutes of social work/ social services/ management institutions/ rural management will be participating in the program
- The interns will be the pioneer field workers of the program
- They will have inclination towards matters related to tribal livelihood.
- The period of internship is 6 months.
- The interns are to be provided proper training for a week.
TRIFED was established in 1987. The objective of the organization is to provide good price for the goods and products made or collected by the tribal people. It fixes prices for the goods collected by them.
Objectives of TRIFED
- To ensure sustainable harvest and fair price for the “Minor Forest Produce”.
- To protect the tribes from exploitation of business men
- TRIFED arranges for compensation of the price of the products produced by the tribal population fluctuates.
- It provides adequate training to the tribes to increase value addition to their products.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|