V K Paul Committee Report
The Union Home Ministry had constituted a committee under the chairmanship of Dr Vinod Paul to submit a report on the Containment Strategy of COVID-19 in Delhi. The committee placed its report to the Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah on June 21, 2020.
The Committee has made recommended the following
- To revise demarcation and containment zones
- To strictly monitor and control activities in containment zones.
- To use Arogya Setu Application and implement contact tracing
- To list and monitor households outside containment zones in order to receive comprehensive information
- To take help of COVID-19 centres, NGOs and keep the positive patients in hospitals.
What is the plan?
Serological survey is to be conducted n Delhi. This will help in comprehensive assessment of spread of infection. According to the Committee’s recommendation, every district in Delhi is to be linked to a major hospital.
The Delhi Government has been directed to provide conduct assessment about the dead individuals. The assessment shall include the number of days the patient was hospitalized and other details of treatment as well. It should also include if the person was put under home isolation and if he was brought to hospital at the right time.
Also, every death has to be reported to GoI.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2020
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs