Ustad Fahimuddin Dagar
- Ustad Rahim Fahimuddin Khan Dagar passed away on 27 July 2011. He was exponent of Dhrupad one of the most pristine and richest form of Indian Classical Music.
- He represented the 19th generation of Dagar Tradition along with his other brothers Ustad Nasir Moinuddin Dagar & Ustad Nasir Aminuddin Dagar popularly known as Senior Dagar Brothers.
- He was born in Alwar on 02 February,1927 in the prestigious Dagar family.
- His father Padma Bhushan Ustad Allabande Rahimuddin Khan Dagar was also a famous exponent of the Dhrupad. He was trained by his uncle Ustad Nasiruddin Khan Dagar initially and then received musical education for a period of 35 years from his father and family elders.
- He was trained in Rudra Veena by his uncle Ustad Ziauddin Khan Dagar for twelve years. He also took occasional lessons from his other uncles Ustad Hussainuddin Khan Dagar( better known as Tansen Pandey) and Ustad Imamuddin Khan Dagar.
- He learnt sanskrit from his father and Pt. Giridharilal Shastri.
Fahimuddin’s rendering of dhrupad perfected through the yogic practice of Nada Yoga, a must for all dhrupad singers, would have a resonating and meditative effect on his audience as b a n d i s h (composition) flowed from his navel to head.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|